Deadline to Apply: June 21, 2018
New Works is seeking a General Manager for Stéphanie Morin-Robert Performance Society, a contemporary dance-theatre company located in Vancouver, BC. https://www.stephaniemorinrobert.com/
• Participating in the development, drafting and submission of grant applications and final reports
• Assisting the Artistic Director in the development, execution, and monitoring of the organization’s budgets
• Liaising with Board members, and organizing regular company meetings
• Processing accounts payable and receivable, coding invoices, ensuring accurate financial records are kept
• Development and execution of performance/touring contracts
• Development and maintenance of legal and society documents
• Tour coordination: including venue and presenter communications, travel arrangements, assistance and support for the Tour/Stage Manager.
• A passion for the arts, especially dance and theatre
• Previous experience in a non-profit or arts-related work environment
• Demonstrated proficiency in grant-writing
• Excellent organizational skills, including time management and ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience with budgeting and financial management
• Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgement
• Proficiency in MS Office, Google Drive, and understanding of database and content management
• Bilingualism (French and English) would be considered an asset
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your resume and a cover letter, both in PDF format with the subject line: “New Works | General Manager Position” as the subject line, to the attention of:
New Works actively seeks and encourages applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds, and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, or (dis)ability.
In advance, we thank all who are interested in the position; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This is a part-time, contract position with potential to grow. Hourly wage is $25/hr at 10 hours per week.
Contact Name: Carina Nilsson
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (604) 893-8807
On-Going Open Call for Artists
New Works supports the creative development of artists and audiences. Through our pay what you can presentation and workshop series, Dance Allsorts, we share dance with everyone. We bring artists into various communities through our Pop Up Dances presentation series, and we support Artists stretching their capabilities through our evening series, New Works at Night. We promote and celebrate dance from all traditions and genres, and artists at every stage of their careers. New Works is an organization that is committed to supporting and disseminating the work of culturally diverse artists, and is especially interested in receiving submissions from artists that self-identify as belonging to culturally diverse, disability, and Official Language Minority arts communities.
No Application Deadline
New Works offers a range of presentation opportunities for artists who identify as:
- mid-career and/or
How to apply:
- Contact the Presentations Coordinator to discuss your proposal: firstname.lastname@example.org
New Works gratefully acknowledges the support of the Department of Canadian Heritage, Canada Council for the Arts, City of Vancouver, British Columbia Arts Council, CMHC Granville Island, Granville Island Cultural Society, The Roundhouse Community Arts and Recreation Centre, Evergreen Cultural Centre, our community partners the Vancouver Latin American Film Festival, and Caravan World Rhythms, and our media sponsor: The Georgia Straight.
New Works Team
Carina Nilsson EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Martin Alldred GENERAL MANAGER, OUT INNERSPACE DANCE THEATRE
Joanna Garfinkel GENERAL MANAGER, JUSTINE A. CHAMBERS; JAMES & JAMESY
Stephanie Symns GENERAL MANAGER, STEPHANIE MORIN-ROBERT
Cat Arcari, OPERATIONS COORDINATOR