VOICES of the DANCERS
by Co.ERASGA Dance Society
Sunday, October 24th, 2021
At the Roundhouse Performance Centre
3:00pm – 5:00pm
Led by Co.Erasga Dance Society and Founder Alvin Tolentino, New Works is presenting to you VOICES of the DANCERS: A community arts dialogue and presentation event about work, process, resilience in the time of a pandemic, featuring the cast of Co.Erasga’s Offering.
This event will serve as an in-person continuation of the video series “Voices of the Dancers” which was filmed during the creation process of Offering in 2020, where dancers shared how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected and changed their artistic practice. View video series here.
2:45pm – Doors Open
3:00pm – Introduction
(Video & Solo performances)
- All attendees over the age of 12 must show proof of vaccination
- All attendees over the age of 22 must also show a valid form of government issued ID
- All indoor events guests/attendees must sit in an assigned seat or table
- Guests/Audience must stay in the assigned seat for the duration of the event, unless using the washroom or being served at a serving counter, obtain a meal or snack in a take-away container, or use a self- serve food or drink station.
- Masks must be worn when not at table or assigned seat.
Please stay home if you have symptoms of COVID, or have been in contact with others who have contracted COVID. Thank you for helping us keep events live, in-person, and safe.
About Co. Erasga Dance Society
Founded by choreographer and dancer Alvin Erasga Tolentino in 2000, Co.ERASGA has a distinguished international reputation with its vision of hybrid dance, diversity and collaborations with other artistic practices and multimedia.
At the heart of Co.ERASGA is Artistic Director Alvin Erasga Tolentino, a Filipino-Canadian artist of remarkable commitment, talent and energy, whose diverse cultural background and heritage has been a driving force for much of the company’s work. In addressing themes that reflect Tolentino’s individuality, global awareness and ethnicity, Co.ERASGA exposes and explores issues of cultural identity, gender, hybridity, and promotes cross-cultural dialogue.
Celebrating its 21st anniversary in 2021, Co.ERASGA has created critically acclaimed contemporary dance productions: SOLA, BATO/Stone, MINORI, Volt, She Said, Field, OrienTik/Portrait, BODYGlass, PARADISE/Paradis, ADAMEVE/Man-Woman, Shadow Machine, EXpose, Unwrapping Culture, Collected, Traces and Still Here, Passages of Rhythms, and most recently, Offering.